July 22, 2019 Minutes

Leaky Pot

Roll Call:

Robert Soderstrom, Nathan Schreier, Kelsey Gronlund, Heather Pittman, Derek Olson, Jonathan Tinsley, Toi Lyn Flick, Becky Tinsley

Reading and approval of the minutes of the preceding meeting:

Approved as presented motion Jonathan, Toi Lyn second

Review and approval of bills:

Robert will pay $30 to SD Secretary of State to file Articles of Incorporation. No other bills at this time. Motion to pay bill Toi Lyn, Nathan second

Reports of the Executive Director:

  • None

Reports of Officers and Committees:

  • None

Old and unfinished business:

  1. Bylaws - review initiated and will continue at next meeting
  2. Non-profit status application - Officers signed official application, Robert will write a check for $30 and mail.
  3. Executive Director position - Derek Olson elected by unanimous consent. Motion by Toi Lyn, second by Heather
  4. At Large Board Member - discussed assignment of duties. Discussion to continue at future meeting.
  5. Membership dues - Discussion will continue at future meeting
  6. Mission and Vision Statements - reviewed for Non-profit application and promotional materials. Approved as written motion Jonathan, Toi Lyn
  7. Update on social media project from Derek - Email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. set up by Robert. Website is currently under construction, TDG is hosting, Derek paid $12 for domain name registration. Facebook, Twitter & InstaGram are live- Derek & Nathan will be admins and keep updated.
  8. Update on Belle Fourche Visitor guide - Unable to change information that is out in visitor guide.

New business:

  1. Trademark Name/Logo - discussion initiated regarding need to our name. Tabled until future meeting.
  2. Membership Code of Conduct -needs to be included in application to join BFACT. We need to ensure that a participation ban clause is included.
  3. Executive Creative Committee - discussion initiated. This committee would help guide show selection and production along with other duties. Would not necessarily be BOD members.

Other:

  • Derek updates
  • Met with mayor re: storage at community theater. They would like to use funds in reserve to help clean up/organize storage. Asked our group to help. Derek will follow up on this.
  • Roosevelt Theater: Owners are requesting a meeting re: possible collaboration with BFACT. Derek will follow up on this.
  • Message from Ree Reich re: offer of costumes. Needs follow up.

Next BOD meeting:

Thursday, August 1, 2019, 7pm @ The Leaky Pot

Adjournment:

Motion Toi Lyn, second Kelsey

Our 2020

Season and Events

Mr. Beautiful Fork 2020

Carousel Image
Coming Soon

Jupiter & Mars

Carousel Image
Episodes 1 - 3 Available!
  • Schreier Engineering
  • Jackson Dental
  • Lynn's Dakotamart
  • FLYT Steakhouse
  • tdg
  • Wells Plumbing & Supplies
  • Carl's Trailer Sales
  • Bunney's Body & Collision Repair Center
  • Southern Belle's Daycare
  • The Leaky Pot
  • Open Space Creative
  • Double Star Computing
  • Midwest Closet