August 1, 2019 Minutes

Leaky Pot

Roll Call:

Robert Soderstrom, Nathan Schreier, ToiLyn Flick, Heather Pittman, Kelsey Gronlund, Derek Olson, Jonathan Tinsley, Becky Tinsley

Reading and approval of the minutes of the preceding meeting:

Approved as presented motion Jonathan, second Nathan

Review and approval of bills:

None

Reports of the Executive Director:

  • Graphics are updated across all media.
  • Facebook name change to Belle Fourche Area Community Theater is pending.
  • Derek will work on changing email addresses to “position This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.” and create a redirect from current gmail account.
  • Derek will work on creating an email blast to send out to people who attended initial organizational meeting to update on BOD activities.
  • Visitor’s Guide - Derek has updated them regarding the organizational changes and is now their contact person. There is no ability to change what is already out in print, so we will have to deal with questions regarding upcoming shows/events as they come up.
  • Roosevelt building visit -They need partners for restoration. No financial commitments were made, but we will offer assistance on projects as available.
  • Rec Center meeting - They have $1600 available for us to use. Derek is working with Terry Hoscheid to purchase new storage solutions with this funding.
  • Purple Pride - Student volunteers may be available for projects. Students exchange community service time in exchange for scholarship opportunities. Derek is following up on this further.
  • Derek has been in contact with Arts People (www.arts-people.com) to get information and quote on using their platform for ticketing/donor management.

Reports of Officers and Committees:

  • President - Robert shared that he has been notified that the SD Secretary of State has received our Articles of Incorporation and payment.
  • Vice President - ToiLyn attended a meeting with the city regarding Rec Center use and storage. She is currently purging the costume supply to get storage under control.
  • Treasurer - no report
  • Secretary - no report
  • Grant & Financing Committee
  • Membership Committee
  • Public Relations Committee
  • Fundraising Committee

Old and unfinished business:

  1. Bylaws - Robert requested a call to move on previous question regarding approval of By Laws as drafted by the BOD. Nathan called for motion, seconded by Jonathan. Motion passed by unanimous approval.
  2. Non-profit status application - Please see President’s report above.
  3. At Large Board Member assignment of duties - After some discussion motion to table discussion was made by Kelsey, seconded by Jonathan.
  4. Membership dues decide on fee - Per the newly approved By Laws, membership dues will be a minimum of $25.
  5. Trademark of name/logo - Derek is going to research this further. Motion to table discussion by Jonathan, seconded by ToiLyn.

New business:

  1. Plan of Action/Strategic Plan - Robert initiated a discussion about creating a plan for the upcoming year. Ideas discussed- A Seussified Christmas show, Don’t Dress for Dinner show, War of the Worlds radio show @ Halloween, Dinner Theater, Mr. Beautiful Fork. Further discussion/decision are needed.
  2. Membership - Discussion about allowing donors to exchange work for membership fee and creating options for donor/sponsorship. To be continued.
  3. Youth membership/board positions - Discussion about allowing youth to exchange work for membership, lower student membership fee and potential for youth voice on BOD. To be continued.
  4. Bank account - Kelsey will research best option for local banking needs. Motion to authorize Kelsey to open a banking account for the organization after the Articles of Incorporation are accepted by SD Secretary of State by Jonathan, seconded by Kelsey.
  5. Jonathan will file for 501c3 status on behalf of the organization.
  6. Other - We need to begin creating a Membership application and Code of Conduct

Next BOD meeting:

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 @ The Leaky Pot

Adjournment:

Motion to adjourn by Kelsey, seconded by Heather

Our 2020

Season and Events

Mr. Beautiful Fork 2020

Carousel Image
Coming Soon

Jupiter & Mars

Carousel Image
Episodes 1 - 3 Available!
  • Schreier Engineering
  • Jackson Dental
  • tdg
  • Wells Plumbing & Supplies
  • Midwest Closet
  • Open Space Creative
  • FLYT Steakhouse
  • The Leaky Pot
  • Southern Belle's Daycare
  • Bunney's Body & Collision Repair Center
  • Lynn's Dakotamart
  • Double Star Computing
  • Carl's Trailer Sales