Annual Meeting October 21, 2019 Minutes
Grap's Burger & Brews
Call To Order:
President Robert Soderstrom called the meeting to order at 7:13pm
Robert welcomed attendees and gave an overview of the BFACT BOD activities to date.
Robert Soderstrom, Toi Lyn Flick, Kelsey Gronlund, Heather Pittman, Nathan Schreier, Jonathan Tinsley, Becky Tinsley
- President - addressed in Presidential welcome and announced the birth of his son
- Vice President - acknowledged the work of BOD
- Secretary - echoed VP sentiments
- Treasurer - Annual Financial Report
Executive Director Report:
Derek shared about Arts People, G Suite, a new BFACT website and sponsorships
- Creative Committee Chair - Derek shared information about the upcoming season ideas including a Christmas show, Murder Mystery Dinner theater, Mr. Beautiful Fork and possibly two summer shows
- Public Relations Chair - Nathan shared that BFACT is using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, a new website and a newsletter to communicate with the community
- Membership Committee Chair - Membership forms were distributed to attendees and information regarding communication and participation was shared by Jonathan.
- Grant & Fundraising Committee Chair - Heather and Derek shared information about sponsorship tiers.
Amendment & Resolution:
Motion by Jonathan, seconded by Toi Lyn to strike “the first week” from Article 5 Section 1 of the by laws regarding the time of the annual meeting. Motion passed.
Attendees requested the BFACT hold workshops on different participation roles (specifically Director/Assistant Director) to help people become more comfortable with taking on those commitments. Questions were asked about the possibility of holding “Theater in the Park” sessions in upcoming seasons.
Next BOD meeting:
Wednesday, November 13th at 7pm at The Leaky Pot
President Soderstrom adjourned the meeting at 7:57pm.
Respectfully submitted by Becky Tinsley, Secretary