May 24, 2021 Agenda
Reading and approval of the minutes of the preceding meeting:
Review and approval of bills:
Report of the Executive Director:
Purchases from last month:
- Toner: $174.72
- Arsenic and Old Lace Scripts: $191.30
- Arsenic and Old Lace License: $360
We have a new Sponsor, Tim Speidel Tax Services. His company is in at a patron sponsor. I also requested ⅔ of our money from Arts Council, just waiting on the check now.
I also spent some time with Arts People to figure out how to do the free tickets and such for sponsors. I got all those made and sent out to everyone so we are good on what we said we would get to sponsors. I am still working on one last sponsorship push this summer, hopefully in the next week or so.
I am working on updating the membership section of the website and working on getting it so members get a free ticket to a show.
I have been talking with Nate at the Rec Center about theater needs lately and he has been listening. I don’t have any real information to pass on, but it is good to know they are listening to our advice. I am also going to try and set up a training session with anyone interested in lights and sound before the One Acts are done. This is so that lots of people know how to do things and can help when things come up at the Rec and they need lights and sound help.
Reports of Officers and Committees:
- Vice President
- Grant & Fundraising Committee
- Membership Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Creative Committee
- Everyone has been great on the Creative Committee but I am going to be working on revamping the roster of people on the committee. Some people just don’t have enough time to really work on it anymore. I am figuring out membership on that now.
- Art Thou Virtual
- The show went great and we sold 23 tickets and made $115 for ticket sales. We also got an extra $25 for donations for a total of $140 for the show. We have heard nothing but good things about the show. On a technical level, things went great, much easier than the Christmas show. I think we will do more, small virtual shows over the course of the year. Venue 519 donated the rental space so our only cost was some FB advertising, Nathan should have those numbers.
- The Show Must Go On
- We had auditions a few weeks ago for this show and we got enough people to do the shows. We were hoping for a few more people to audition, but the show will be great. The cast is set and we have begun practices. Rachel Johnson and Collin Hockenbary are helping me direct these shows. Tickets are set up and for sale. At this point it is time to just get the show ready, so there is a lot of work to do at the theater. We will need to push the shows hard over the next month, we really need to sell tickets to this show. Anything the board can do to help promote the shows in person and online is appreciated.
- Advertising: $267.75
- Costumes and Props: $200
- Construction Cost: $250
- Rec Center Rental: $768
- Total: $1,485.75
- Arsenic and Old Lace
- Scripts and licensing are all in place for the show. I will be working on initial art for this and get that live in the next couple of weeks as well as tickets. I am working on a budget for this show as well and will have that for next month. I am getting the auditions and practice schedule confirmed with the Rec soon.