April 21, 2021 Agenda
Reading and approval of the minutes of the preceding meeting:
Review and approval of bills:
Derek has been paid his wages.
Report of the Executive Director:
We have 12 current sponsors now. Al Schreier is going to help me reach out to other businesses to keep up our sponsorship efforts. I am hoping to still pick up at least five more sponsors this summer if not more.
SD Arts Council
We received the Arts Council grant we applied for. It is $3,500 and can only be used for salary. This will cover my salary for most of the rest of the season. I am working with Kelsey to get all the documents submitted.
I have a volume printer that will work well to print scripts and other materials we will need for theater but it is out of toner. Toner costs $170, I would like to submit this for BFACT to pay for since it will be used for BFACT work.
Reports of Officers and Committees:
- Vice President
- Grant & Fundraising Committee
- Membership Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Creative Committee
- The Show Must Go On
- I am working on the budget for this show and will have it for May’s meeting. Auditions are on May 3 at the Rec Center. I am directing the three one acts with Collin Hockenbary and Rachel Johnson as Assistant Directors. Practices will start May 10 and the show is June 18 - 20.
- Arsenic & Old Lace
- We will need to order 17 scripts for Arsenic and Old Lace, which will be $170. I would like to get these ordered this month so we have them ready. I will be directing this show with Hanna Bricker assisting me. Auditions will be July 12 and the show August 27 - 29. I will have a budget for this at June’s meeting.
- Art Thou Virtual?
- Our Shakespeare show is progressing great. Practices are happening and the show is May 14 at 7pm. I will begin pushing selling tickets hard after this week. Hopefully we will do well with ticket sales. We are doing the show at Venue 519 and they are sponsoring the show so they aren’t charging us rental.
- I am still hoping to do the workshops but I think it will be later summer. I just haven’t had time to work out all the details yet.
- The Show Must Go On