November 21, 2022 Minutes
BF Rec Center/Zoom
CALL TO ORDER:
Toi Lyn Flick
ToiLyn, Heather Pittman, Kelsey Gronlund, Nathan Schreier, Emma Tinsley, Becky Tinsley
REVIEW OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REPORT:
Most of the past month has been preparing for the Christmas show. I have worked with Toi to get people set for roles with the show. As well as creating the marketing for the Christmas show. We will be pushing the show hard over the next two weeks.
I have talked with Nathan about sound. We have decided instead of side speakers, which apparently may not work with the sound system, we will replace the main Bose speakers at the front. They don’t put out much sound like the back ones do. Hopefully this should be enough. Once the curtains are in, I will work on getting the hanging mics installed.
I have started tracking down some new grants for next season and will start filling them out in December. Along with this, I will work on getting current sponsors to re-up and working on new sponsors in December and January.
- No new information
- Vice President
- Payment to the school for printing will be presented at the next meeting
- No updates at this time.
- Hitchcock ticket sales $560, concession donation $129, Amazon Smile donation $33.09, current bank balance $9633.84
- Creative Committee
- Since I was unable to be at the show due to COVID I will let someone else that was there talk on the specifics of the show.
- Christmas Show
- We will need some help with the Christmas show, tickets and bake sale. Whoever is available to help, please let me know to get that arranged.
- Next Season
- Once the Christmas show is finished the Creative Committee will meet to solidify next season’s schedule. We have it mostly decided, just finishing that up.
- Public Relations
- Give Big Campaign which I signed us up for with the Chamber. Event runs Nov 27th – Dec 2nd. Goal is to raise $150,000 to be divided amongst non-profit organizations participating. I’ll set up and staff a table at the Kick-off Soup Dinner on Nov 28th, 5-7pm, at Grap’s. Only other input is things are still going well with Arts Council mtgs and am working on line-up for the FAB Christmas Belle on Dec 3rd. Glad Nathan and Emma will be doing a duet as part of that program. Would very much like to see you all there – Dec 3rd, Congregational UCC in Belle, we’ll start at 7:00pm, and hoping you can join us for a warm, down-home Christmas program to help ring in the season.
- Membership Committee
- Still working out kinks with email in Arts People. Derek may need to update permissions.
- Grant & Fundraising Committee
- Considering a chili cookoff fundraiser in January.
- Quilt Raffle- Quilt is currently at the Chamber to help with sales.
- Parade of Lights- We will not be able to have a float at this time- no available vehicle or people to help/ride. We will ask cast members if there is interest in caroling in costume on mainstreet prior to the parade or at the chili feed after.
- Polar express- ToiLyn will ask a cast member to act as Scrooge for this event.
- Rec Center Breakfast with Santa- ToiLyn will ask cast members to be present in costume.
- Need to verify date and location for annual meeting.
Dec 12, 2022@ 7pm, Grap’s