July 11, 2019 Minutes
Robert, Nathan, Kelsey, Heather, Toi, Jonathan, Becky, Emma
Reading and approval of the minutes of the preceding meeting:
Review and approval of bills:
Reports of the Executive Director:
Reports of Officers and Committees:
Old and unfinished business:
- Bylaws – Sample by-laws were reviewed and posted to a shared drive. BOD members will review/edit and discussion will continue at next meeting.
- Non-profit status application – Kelsey reported that there are no SD specific rules for application. Review of SD State Auditor’s site revealed that we needed Articles of Incorporation completed/filed with state prior to sending 501C3 paperwork to federal level. Articles of Incorporation template from Auditor’s website was used to complete this step during this meeting. See attached.
- Executive Director position – Discussion tabled for later date. Jonathan, Toi second
- At Large Board Member – Discussion tabled for later date. Kelsey, Nathan second
- Membership dues – requesting membership dues does not impact 501C3 status. Discussion tabled for later date.
- Mission and Vision Statements – basic mission/vision statement created for Articles of Incorporation. This will be fleshed out more after Executive Director hiring process.
- Update on social media project from Derek – Discussion tabled for later date.
- Revisit organizational name change discussion – Added “Area” to name. Jonathan, Nathan, passed
- Update on Belle Fourche Visitor guide – Discussion tabled for later date.
- Report on Belle Fourche July 4th Parade – 13 people rode/walked with float. 800 informational flyers were handed out along parade route.
- Robert will ask Derek to provide BOD with job description for Executive Director to be discussed at next meeting.
President report – Robert attended BF Rec Board meeting. He feels that Rec Board does not want to sell community center and they are looking for community input. Robert feels that the board is receptive to having the theater revitalized by our organization (possibly work with them for theater manager role, they are interested in us doing a Christmas show).
Discussion was held on possibility of providing scholarships in the future. Ideas for scholarships would be for attendance at Black Hills Playhouse training or local dance troupe training.
Next BOD meeting:
Executive Session on Monday, July 22, 2019 at The Leaky Pot. Derek is to be invited to this meeting.
Toi, Kelsey second
Respectfully submitted- Rebecca Tinsley, Secretary